Lamar D. Willis
Services for Lamar D. Willis, 22, of Lakewood, Colo., formerly of Leavenworth, will be at1 p.m. Friday, Dec. 16, at Beldon-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth. Burial will follow at Mount Muncie Cemetery.
Mr. Willis died Dec. 11, 2005, in Brighton, Colo., due to an automobile accident.
He was born the son of LaMar Willis Sr. and Ena L. (Whitfield) Willis on Sept. 6, 1983, in St. Louis, Mo.
Mr. Willis was attending school to become an electrician. He enjoyed spending time on the computer, being with his family and attending Church of the Holy Word.
He is survived by his mother, father and stepmother, Sherry; sons Jaquon and Elias; sisters Ashley, Taurus and Attelia Willis and LaTanya and LaShunda Lewis; brother Lamar Willis Jr.; grandparents Lucille Lofton, Carrie Redmond and Sammie L. Willis Sr.; girlfriend Tempest Waldrup; and several aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins.
A visitation will be Friday, Dec. 16, from noon to 1 p.m. Memorials may be made to the family in care of the funeral home.
More like this story
- Verruckt is 'terrifying, but great,' says KCK mayor
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Kansas AG obtains order to protect funding for state courts
- Report says student scores rise and fall with funding
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts