Board OKs hiring new communications official
The Basehor-Linwood School Board said loud and clear who they want to lead the district's efforts in improving dialogue between administrators and the public.
School board members unanimously approved the hiring of Kaci Brutto, a graduate of Baker University, during their meeting Monday, Dec. 12.
Brutto will replace Heather Myer, the school district's first communications coordinator, who's resigned to take another position.
Brutto comes to the school district from TherapyWorks in Lawrence, where she was director of marketing and public relations. Locally, she will be in charge of planning events for the non-profit Basehor-Linwood Education Foundation, helping produce the school district newsletters and maintaining the district's Web site.
Also on Monday, the board unamimously approved:
- A potential course description guide for Basehor-Linwood High School.
- Resignations of Danny Smith, a custodian at BLHS, and Carolyn Theodoroff, a secretary at Linwood Elementary School.
- Letters of employment for Joey Houlihan, a BLHS custodian; Dianna Manford, a long-term substitute at Basehor Elementary School; Debra Robinett, a part-time BES custodian; and Phillip Robinett, a BLHS custodian.
More like this story
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- 2 Kansas school districts to close early because of budgets
- Wichita says pot ordinance should be stayed till court rules
- Basehor-Linwood girls take second at Piper
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club