Beatrice Binder, 1915-2005
Services for Beatrice "Bea" Frances Callison Binder, 90, Lansing, were Friday, Dec. 16, at Davis Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth, with private graveside burial at Sunset Memory Gardens, Leavenworth.
Mrs. Binder died Sunday, Dec. 11, 2005, at Colonial Manor in Lansing.
She was born Aug. 24, 1915 in Benton, Ark., the daughter of Lula Maude Harris and John Cleveland Callison.
On Nov. 28, 1940, she married Leo Binder in Leaven-worth. He preceded her in death.
After raising her children, Mrs. Binder worked at Dee's Floral as a designer and volunteered at Cushing Memorial Hospital.
Survivors include a daughter, Barbara Binder Dawson, Lansing; a son, Walt Binder, Kansas City, Mo.; a sister, Mary Louise Callison Keene, Montgomery, Ala.; six grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to Trinity House, sent in care of the funeral chapel, 531 Shawnee, Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament