Chamber seeks award nominations
The Leavenworth-Lansing Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for its Citizen of the Year Award.
The award recognizes a person for outstanding service and contribution to the Leavenworth-Lansing-Fort Leavenworth community. Areas of service and contribution include business and economic development, social service and "strong dedication to improvement of the quality of life of our community."
Nomination forms are available at the chamber office, 518 Shawnee St., Leavenworth, at the chamber Web site, leavenworth-lansingareachamberofcommerce.com or by calling (913) 682-4112.
The Citizen of the Year will be recognized at the chamber's annual meeting and banquet Jan. 18 at the Riverfront Community Center.
The award has been given annually since 1974; the 2005 recipient was Lansing Mayor Kenneth Bernard.
More like this story
- Salina company acquires 13 vintage record presses
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map