Lamar D. Willis, 1983-2005
Services for Lamar D. Willis, 22, of Lakewood, Colo., formerly of Leavenworth, were Friday, Dec. 16, at Beldon-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel. Burial was at Mount Muncie Cemetery, Lansing.
Mr. Willis died Dec. 11, 2005, in Brighton, Colo., from injuries suffered in an automobile accident.
He was born Sept. 6, 1983, in St. Louis, Mo., the son of LaMar Willis Sr. and Ena L. (Whitfield) Willis.
Mr. Willis was attending school to become an electrician. He enjoyed spending time on the computer, being with his family and attending Church of the Holy Word.
Survivors include his mother, father and stepmother, Sherry; two sons, Jaquon and Elias; five sisters, Ashley, Taurus and Attelia Willis and LaTanya and LaShunda Lewis; a brother, Lamar Willis Jr.; grandparents Lucille Lofton, Carrie Redmond and Sammie L. Willis Sr.; and his girlfriend, Tempest Waldrup.
The family suggests memorials to the family, sent in care of the funeral home, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- K-State marching band apologizes for shot at Jayhawks
- Kansas State says it will pay fine after band performance
- Kansas City Connection: Farm-fresh flavor; Floyd’s ‘Dark Side’
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life