Soccer players recognized for academic success
The Lansing High girls soccer team earned national recognition recently for its academic success during the 2004-2005 school year.
The Lions were one of about 350 teams nationally to earn the National Soccer Coaches Association of America Academic Award. To be eligible for the award, a team must have a minimum 3.25 G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale, and the coach must be a NSCAA member.
Lansing's 22-member varsity squad had a team G.P.A. of 3.53. Team members were Kelsey Fallesen, Bianca Manago, Kayla Pina, Monique Richardson, Heidi Schultz, Katie Nietzke, Jessica Hauver, Michaela Bristow, Elizabeth Cristiano, Christine Southard, Lindsay Parks, Kristen Huffman, Rockelle Meagher, Kendra Sickinger, Abby Hauver, Abby Livingston-Shelburne, Sarah Sargent, Katie McKee, Lauren Elkins, Rachel Pride, Erin Griffen and Christine Cordes. They were coached by Rob Elkins and Don Dubberley.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens