Thomas W. Boone, 1926-2005
Services for Thomas W. Boone, 79, Leavenworth, were Saturday, Dec. 17, at Davis Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth, with burial at Mount Muncie Cemetery.
Mr. Boone died Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2005, at Cushing Memorial Hospital, Leavenworth.
He was born Sept. 8, 1926, in Tientsin, China, the son of Joseph Winfield and Ruby Burgoyne May Boone.
On Nov. 27, 1953, he married Dr. Phyllis Ogg. She died Feb. 26, 1966.
Mr. Boone was a longtime attorney in Leavenworth, practicing for more than 40 years.
He graduated from Salt Lake City High School, attended the University of Utah and received his law degree from the University of Kansas Law School. He served as a precinct committeeman for the Republican Party in Leavenworth County.
He was a member of the Kansas Bar Association, St. Paul's Episcopal Church and Elks Lodge.
Survivors include his brother, Daniel Boone, Utah; and close friends Walter and Martha Dietsch, Connie Miller, Patty Amacher Wallace and Linda Amacher Peck.
The family suggests memorials to the American Heart Association, sent in care of the funeral chapel, 531 Shawnee, Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- BLHS baseball team hungry after regional loss
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle