Mabel B. Sheehan
Services for Mabel B. Sheehan, 96, Leavenworth, will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 29, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth, with burial in Mount Calvary Cemetery, Lansing.
Mrs. Sheehan died Saturday, Dec. 24, 2005, at Jefferson County Memorial Hospital Geriatric Center, Winchester.
She was born Jan. 4, 1909, in Jarbalo, the daughter of John Fredrick and Hattie Mae Trackwell Brune.
Mrs. Sheehan was a graduate of Jarbalo High School. After graduation, she was a switchboard operator for Boling Telephone Co. in rural Leavenworth County. She was a member of Holy Angels Catholic Church, Basehor.
She married Raymond F. Sheehan on Nov. 18, 1939, in Tonganoxie, and they were active in farming and real estate until retirement. Mr. Sheehan died April 14, 1983.
Survivors include numerous cousins, nieces and nephews.
The family will receive friends from noon to 2 p.m. Thursday at the funeral chapel.
The family suggests memorials to Holy Angels Catholic Church or Saint John Hospital, sent in care of the funeral chapel, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Topeka teens' music making rounds on Internet
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Kansas City Connection: Farm-fresh flavor; Floyd’s ‘Dark Side’
- Mini Maestro: Edwardsville student's composition tops in competition