Mabel B. Sheehan
Services for Mabel B. Sheehan, 96, Leavenworth, will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 29, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth, with burial in Mount Calvary Cemetery, Lansing.
Mrs. Sheehan died Saturday, Dec. 24, 2005, at Jefferson County Memorial Hospital Geriatric Center, Winchester.
She was born Jan. 4, 1909, in Jarbalo, the daughter of John Fredrick and Hattie Mae Trackwell Brune.
Mrs. Sheehan was a graduate of Jarbalo High School. After graduation, she was a switchboard operator for Boling Telephone Co. in rural Leavenworth County. She was a member of Holy Angels Catholic Church, Basehor.
She married Raymond F. Sheehan on Nov. 18, 1939, in Tonganoxie, and they were active in farming and real estate until retirement. Mr. Sheehan died April 14, 1983.
Survivors include numerous cousins, nieces and nephews.
The family will receive friends from noon to 2 p.m. Thursday at the funeral chapel.
The family suggests memorials to Holy Angels Catholic Church or Saint John Hospital, sent in care of the funeral chapel, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Remember When for April 16, 2015
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest