Maudie P. Baker
Services for Maudie P. Baker, 76, Lansing, were Dec. 20 at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel with burial at Sunset Memory Gardens Cemetery.
Mrs. Baker died Friday, Dec. 16, 2005.
She was born June 21, 1929, in Harrisburg, Mo., the daughter of George W. and Ruby J. (Jones) Campbell.
Mrs. Baker was retired from Hallmark, where she was a machine operator for 35 years.
She was a life member of St. Joseph Catholic Church, Red Hat Club, and a former member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary.
Mrs. Baker was proud that after her retirement, she returned to school and received her high school diploma in 1995.
She married James A. Baker on July 27, 1949, in Booneville, Mo. He died June 29, 1981.
Survivors include two sons, James A. Baker Jr., Leavenworth, and Joseph Baker, Lansing; a daughter, Peggi Baker Englehart, Kansas City, Kan.; a sister, Virginia Jones; three brothers, Stanley Campbell, Vaughn Campbell and Harvey Campbell; and seven grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to Arthritis Foundation, sent in care of the funeral home, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring
- Face to Face: Basehor-Linwood High coach Ross Schwisow
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts