Council member is top ‘jailbird’
Lansing City Council member Andi Pawlowski was the top fund-raiser in last month's Leavenworth Jail and Bail benefit for the March of Dimes.
Pawlowski raised $965 for the event, in which participants were "jailed" at the High Noon Saloon in Leavenworth and had to raise "bail" to win their release.
In all, Jail and Bail participants from throughout the Lansing-Leavenworth area raised more than $8,000 for March of Dimes. The funds will be used for research and prevention programs to save infants from death or disability.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station