Free throw contest on tap Jan. 8
Lansing Knights of Columbus will put on their annual free throw competition at 1 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 8, at Lansing Activity Center gym. The competition is open to all boys and girls ages 10-14 as of Jan. 1, 2006.
Competition is free. Medals will be awarded to the winning boy and girl from each age group, and they will be given the chance to advance though the district and state competitions.
Contestants must have proof of age - a copy of a birth certificate - to compete, and a parent or guardian must sign the competition form.
Participation in this competition by high school basketball players has been approved by the Kansas High School Activities Association (KSHAA).
Registration forms are available at the offices of Lansing schools and also will be provided the day of the event. For more information, contact Bill Butler, 727-5146.
More like this story
- USD 458 Education Foundation begins 'Major Saver' fundraiser
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Topeka teens' music making rounds on Internet
- Bond increase for Kansas man charged with molestation
- College course on voter registration proposed in Kansas