Frankie E. Brune
Services for Frankie E. Brune, 89, Leavenworth, were Friday at Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, Leavenworth. Burial was in Sunset Memorial Gardens Cemetery.
Mrs. Brune died Jan. 31, 2005, at the Tonganoxie Nursing Center, Tonganoxie. She was born Aug. 1, 1915, in Rosedale, the daughter of Calvin L. and Mary A. (Moore) White.
She married Glenn Brune on Nov. 10, 1932, in Leavenworth. He died Oct. 17, 1987.
She retired in 1981, after working for 35 years as a practical nurse at St. John and Cushing hospitals. She was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary and the First Christian Church of Leavenworth. She had lived in Rosedale and Jarbalo, until moving to Leavenworth in 1956.
Survivors include two sons, Albert Brune and Frank "Bill" Brune, both of Lansing; two daughters, Vonita "Bonnie" Hudson, Topeka, and Mary Jennings, Kingman, Ariz.; and many grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
Friends may call after 3 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, where the family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Thursday.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts