Civils roars loudest at Baldwin Invitational
The Lansing High wrestling squad placed fourth overall in the 12-team field Saturday at the Baldwin Invitational Tournament with 227 points.
Oak Park (Mo.) won the team title with 333. Abilene was second with 254 and Santa Fe Trail was third with 248.5.
Oak Park is the No. 18-ranked high school wrestling program in the United States.
Lansing junior Ryan Civils (25-4) was the Lions' lone individual champion as he won all four of his matches along his way to the 189-pound title.
Junior Sean Flynn (21-2) was the 130-pound runner up after losing to the 25th-ranked wrestler in the country at 130. LHS junior Logan Ryan (215 pounds) also was second.
Sophomores Kyle Buehler (125 pounds) and Kyle Grape (140) placed third. Freshman Nick Flynn (112) and junior Stewart Jones (135) earned fourth-place finishes.
Freshman Chance Thackston (103) and junior Dennis Kessler (152) placed fifth, while junior Jeff Terrill (145) and sophomore Casey Caton (160) placed sixth. Junior Lance Fink (171) was eighth.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Face to Face: retreat director Dave Mareske
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Remember When for March 19, 2015