Civils roars loudest at Baldwin Invitational
The Lansing High wrestling squad placed fourth overall in the 12-team field Saturday at the Baldwin Invitational Tournament with 227 points.
Oak Park (Mo.) won the team title with 333. Abilene was second with 254 and Santa Fe Trail was third with 248.5.
Oak Park is the No. 18-ranked high school wrestling program in the United States.
Lansing junior Ryan Civils (25-4) was the Lions' lone individual champion as he won all four of his matches along his way to the 189-pound title.
Junior Sean Flynn (21-2) was the 130-pound runner up after losing to the 25th-ranked wrestler in the country at 130. LHS junior Logan Ryan (215 pounds) also was second.
Sophomores Kyle Buehler (125 pounds) and Kyle Grape (140) placed third. Freshman Nick Flynn (112) and junior Stewart Jones (135) earned fourth-place finishes.
Freshman Chance Thackston (103) and junior Dennis Kessler (152) placed fifth, while junior Jeff Terrill (145) and sophomore Casey Caton (160) placed sixth. Junior Lance Fink (171) was eighth.
More like this story
- Young Royals fan who fought cancer has died
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Man convicted in Jewish site killings is sentenced to death
- Royals, mascot face civil case in hot dog injury
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens