Snowy weather cancels school
A snowstorm that swept through the area Tuesday has caused cancellation of classes today in the Lansing school district.
School officials called off classes early this morning.
Though the storm dropped about 3 inches of snow on Lansing and left roads hazardous overnight, Kansas Highway 7 south of the city was clear this morning.
A heavy snow advisory for the area was canceled at 9:30 p.m. Tuesday by the National Weather Service as snow began to taper off. Today's forecast called for partly cloudy skies and highs only in the 20s.
More like this story
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Face to Face: Moon Marble's Ben Breslow
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons