Cars damaged, speeder arrested
Owners of eight cars at Lansing Heights apartments found the letter J spray painted on their vehicles.
Lansing Police said the vandalism occurred late Saturday or early Sunday. Chief Steve Wayman said police were investigating and that anyone with tips could call 727-3000.
A 27-year-old Kansas City, Mo., man was arrested about 3 a.m. Saturday on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, police said.
The man's vehicle was clocked traveling 95 mph in the 900 block of South Main Street, where the speed limit is 50 mph. In addition to traffic offenses, police found a bag suspected to contain marijuana in the car.
More like this story
- Basehor sophomore continues experience with Youth Symphony
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson