Cellular phone towers activated
Customers of Verizon Wireless should be getting better cellular telephone reception in the Leavenworth and Lansing areas after the activation last month of two new cell sites, the company announced.
The recent enhancements, Verizon officials said, will improve coverage on Boeppler Road in the areas surrounding Metropolitan, 20th and 10th streets and along Kansas Highway 192, plus on Halderman Street from Eisenhower Road to Miami and U.S. Highway 73 to 167th Street.
Announcement of the enhancements coincides with Verizon naming Five Star Wireless, 3400 S. Fourth St. in Leavenworth Plaza, as its exclusive authorized agent in Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Kansas Senate panel considering bill to ban abortion method
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers