Prison escapee still at large
A man who escaped from Lansing Correctional Facility has not been found, and officials have no information about his whereabouts, said Brett Peterson, prison spokesman.
Danny L. Kelly escaped from minimum security at the prison Jan. 24. He was serving a 32-month sentence for a 2004 burglary and theft in Sedgwick County.
Kelly, who will turn 38 on Monday, has a long list of convictions, mostly theft and burglary, that dates to 1986. In 1993, he escaped from custody in Wichita but was taken back into custody five days later.
More like this story
- Basehor car enthusiast to participate in 'Art of the Car'
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas AG plans to appeal ruling blocking anti-abortion law
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms