JV squads finishing strong
Slow starts to the season didn't dampen the spirit of the Lansing High junior varsity basketball teams.
The Lions shook off the early bumps and put winning streaks together.
Coach Dan Wessel's JV boys (3-7) have won three of the last six games, including a home victory against Tonganoxie, 33-26, on Friday night. Joe Kohl led the Lions with 11 points in the victory while Jeff Collins and Austin Reynolds chipped in six points apiece; Javen Kelly added five.
Coach Monica Bier's JV girls (5-7) also have been hot as of late. Riann Deere led the Lions with seven points in a 45-36 loss to Tonganoxie on Friday night, but LHS bounced back with a 30-29 victory against Bishop Ward on Tuesday night. Amanda Darrow led Lansing with eight points, Mary Lyon scored six and Elizabeth Cristiano and Takeisha Jenkins added four apiece in the win.
More like this story
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- Face to Face: Linwood business owner Kim Miller-Tallman
- Education focus: JCCC partners with Clorox for on-site manufacturing courses
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups