Services for Lena May Cooley, 77, Lansing, were Wednesday, Feb. 16, at Charter Funeral's Sunset Memory Chapel, Leavenworth, with burial at Sunset Memory Gardens.
Ms. Cooley died Feb. 12, 2005 at Cushing Hospital, Leavenworth.
She was born Nov. 28, 1927, in Augusta.
Ms. Cooley was a foster mother.
She married Robert H. Cooley on March 22, 1954, in El Dorado.
Survivors include siblings Leska Chance, Wichita, Jesse Cox, Wichita, Leland Cox, Rose Hill, Mary Evans, Haysville, Lloyd Cox, Udall, Dorothy Melcher, Mulvane, Barbara Stoffel, McPherson, Gretta Costlow, Benton; children Sharon O'Hara, Douglas, Kathy McElroy, Douglas, Diana Bush, Flowermound, Texas, Clinton Cooley, Leavenworth, Tracy Walton, Towanda; and numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to Calvary Baptist Church, 4451 Tenth Avenue, Leaven-worth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament