Reservist receives donated tractor
A rural Lansing reservist who reported his tractor stolen after serving in Iraq has a new John Deere, thanks to a group of radio listeners.
Kansas City's Mix 93 presented the tractor to Leslie Ward on Friday at Ward's house east of Lansing.
In December, news stories about the reported theft caught the eye of disc jockey Kelly Urich, who began the on-air drive.
Later that month, reports surfaced that Ward had agreed to a diversion in a 2002 case in which he had been charged with felony possession of stolen property that was found in the same barn from which the tractor later was reported stolen.
Urich said he looked into the allegations but decided to go through with presentation of the tractor to Ward.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday