Offices closed for holiday
Government offices are closed Monday in observance of Presidents Day.
Lansing City Hall, Lansing public schools, Leavenworth County and most state of Kansas offices are marking the holiday and will not be open.
The Lansing Post Office will be closed, and regular mail delivery will not take place. Trash pickup will occur as usual. Most financial institutions will be closed.
In holiday events of note, the seventh annual Lincoln Lecture will be presented at 7 p.m. Monday in the St. Joseph Dining Hall at University of St. Mary. Kevin Willmott, a University of Kansas professor of theater and film will be the speaker. Willmott gained fame at last year's Sundance Film Festival with his faux documentary, "Confederate States of America." It explores what might have been had the South won the Civil War.
More like this story
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson