Edgar E. Brammell
Services for Edgar E. Brammell, 85, Leavenworth, were conducted Monday at Church of the Open Door. Burial was in Bethel Cemetery.
Mr. Brammell died Thursday, Feb. 17, 2005, at Cushing Hospital in Leavenworth.
He was born Feb. 19, 1919, in Winchester, Kan., the son of Allan and Edith (Edwards) Harnish.
Mr. Brammell retired from Lansing Correctional Facility in 1982, where he worked as a guard. He was a member of Church of the Open Door.
He married Elsie F. Brooks on June 5, 1937, in McLouth. She died Jan. 28, 2005.
Survivors include three daughters, Doris Weber and Orlinda Parsons, both of Leavenworth, and Pat Illavaty, San Pedro, Calif.; five grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
The family suggests donations to Church of the Open Door or to Gideons, both in care of Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, 707 S. Sixth St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring