Trial date set
A Kansas City, Kan., man is scheduled to go to trial in April for charges related to a robbery and rape at a Lansing convenience store.
The jury trial, in Leavenworth County District Court, is scheduled for April 18. The date was set at a pretrial hearing earlier this month for the Kansas City, Kan., man charged with aggravated robbery, rape and aggravated intimidation of a victim .
Jury selection is scheduled to take place in the morning of April 18, and presentation of evidence should begin about 1 p.m., a spokeswoman with the Leavenworth County Attorney's Office said.
The crimes, all felonies, took place Dec. 21 at Wood Oil, 109 4-H Road.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event