Grape on to state finals; Civils to compete later tonight
Buehler to go for third place Saturday
Wichita Kyle Grape will get his shot at a state championship. The Lansing High sophomore won his 140-pound semifinal match with a third-period pin to earn his place in the finals.
Junior Ryan Civils will compete later tonight in his 189-pound semifinal match. Earlier this evening sophomore Kyle Buehler lost in the semifinals. He will compete for third place at 125-pounds on Saturday.
Freshman Nick Flynn (103 pounds), sophomore Kyle Buehler (125), junior Sean Flynn (130), junior Stewart Jones (135), sophomore Kyle Grape (140) and junior Ryan Civils (189) all won their first round matches and advanced to the championship quarterfinals which began at 2:30 p.m. this afternoon.
Chance Thackston (103), Bobby Hamilton (119), Dennis Kessler (152), Casey Caton (160), Lance Fink (171) and Logan Ryan (215) all will begin their march through the consolation bracket this evening.
Stay tuned to lansingcurrent.com throughout the day for live updates from the state wrestling tournament.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Kansas officials riled by EPA's changes to power plant rule
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance