School canceled on Wednesday
The Lansing Public School District has called off classes for Wednesday, Jan. 5, after freezing rain caused roads to become slick Tuesday afternoon and evening.
The decision was made about 8 p.m. Tuesday evening as roads became dangerously icy and the threat of more ice and snow overnight loomed.
Check out lansingcurrent.com for school updates throughout the week.
More like this story
- Mathematician not optimistic about suit seeking ballot audit
- Salina company acquires 13 vintage record presses
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Kansas issues $400 million in highway construction bonds
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament