Second straight snow day greets students
Ice storm, snow flurries cancel classes Thursday
The Lansing Public School District announced at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday that classes are canceled on Thursday because of continued snowfall and freezing rain.
This marks the second straight day classes will be canceled because of inclement weather. School was called off Wednesday as well after an ice storm coated roads throughout Lansing and across Northeast Kansas. More freezing rain fell Wednesday morning, followed by snow in the afternoon. That prompted school officials to go ahead and cancel Thursday's classes.
The home wrestling meet, slated for 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Lansing Middle School, also has been canceled.
For breaking news about inclement weather and Lansing schools, check out lansingcurrent.com or read the Jan. 6 edition Thursday morning.
More like this story
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction