President Jason Miles called the monthly meeting of the Reno Bobwhites 4-H Club to order at 7:41 p.m. Dec. 2. Ryan Grammar led the pledge to the United States flag and Tyler Grammar led the pledge to the 4-H flag. Bonnie Monahan, Sarah Rogers, Emily Stoker, and Kaitlynn Satthoff led the club in singing the songs "Bill Grogan's Goat" and "Oh My Aunt Came Back." The song leaders also led in singing "Happy Birthday" to members with December birthdays.
Roll call was answered by the perfect amount of snow. Secretary Max Packard read the minutes from last month's meeting, which were approved as read. Treasurer Stephanie Reynolds gave the treasurer's report. Norman Schlight reported that last month's report was in the Tonganoxie Mirror and Basehor Sentinel. County Council Representative Patrick Monahan gave the county council meeting report.
Kathy Monahan announced that choir meetings would be at 6:30 p.m. Thursdays. She, Patrick, Bonnie and Daniel Monahan sang a piece of one of the two spiritual songs they would be singing. Donna Wiley announced we had five new members.
Jason Miles gave a project talk on how to make Ornamental Dough Art. Stephanie Reynolds gave a reading and Jacob Reynolds read jokes that you can tell in church. Daniel Monahan gave a safety tip on Rules For Good Health and Austin Wiley gave a project talk on the History of Bicycles.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:42 p.m.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)