Hearing in rape, robbery delayed
The preliminary hearing for the man accused of robbing a Lansing gasoline station and sexually assaulting the clerk was postponed a week because the defendant's attorney was sick.
The new hearing for the 25-year-old Kansas City, Kan., man is scheduled to take place at 1 p.m. Friday in Leavenworth County District Court.
The man is charged with aggravated robbery, rape and aggravated intimidation of a victim, all felonies.
The hearing is used to determine whether enough evidence exists to bring the case to trial.
The incidents took place Dec. 21 at Wood Oil, 109 4-H Road. Another robbery took place the same night at Star Mart Texaco, 1401 S. Fourth St. in Leavenworth, but the suspect has not been charged in that case.
The loss reported at Wood Oil was $546.
The Lansing Current generally does not report the names of suspects of sexual crimes unless they are convicted.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Kansas may face $42 million tax tab to former Pizza Hut magnate
- Showcase of sunflowers at Grinter Farms near Tonganoxie should be in peak bloom in coming days
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears