Wrestlers win at Prairie View
After thrashing Piper and Christian Prep Academy in a double-dual on Thursday evening, Lansing High's wrestling team traveled to its first tournament of 2005 on Saturday at the Prairie View Invitational in La Cygne.
The result was more of the same - more dominating performances, more hardware and more victories.
The Lions took home the team title by placing first out of 11 teams with 186 points. Rose Hill was second with 131 points and Chanute was third with 125.5.
Kyle Buehler took home first place at 125 pounds and improved to 14-2 on the season, while Stewart Jones won this 135-pound division and upped his record to 15-2. Dennis Kessler finished first at 152 pounds and improved to 5-0 this year, and Ryan Civils was the champion at 189 pounds, upping his record to 14-3.
Other LHS placers where Nick Flynn (third at 112), Kyle Grape (third at 140), Casey Caton (third at 160), Logan Ryan (third at 215) and Jeff Terrill (fourth at 145).
The Lions return to action at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday with a double-dual against Santa Fe Trail and Perry-Lecompton at the LHS gym.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament