Helen Lavina Auchard
Atchison - Services for Helen Lavina Auchard, 63, Atchison, were Wednesday at Becker-Dyer-Stanton Funeral Home, Atchison. Burial was at Russett Cemetery, Russett, Okla.
Mrs. Auchard died Thursday, Jan. 13, 2005, at her home.
She was born May 21, 1941, in Mansville, Okla., the daughter of David Milton II and Leet (Pfortmiller) Eggenberg.
She graduated from Ravia High School. She moved to the Atchison area in 1987 and worked in many restaurants in the area, including the Wagon Wheel, through the years. She was employed at Saint Benedict's Abbey as a dietician and cook.
Mrs. Auchard was a member of New Testament Christ Church. She enjoyed listening to gospel music, cooking and going to the casino,
She married Oliver Auchard III on Aug. 2, 1991. He died June 10, 2004.
Survivors include daughters Mary Lincoln, Lansing, and Kim Shackleford; sons Doug and Brett Shackleford; four grandchildren; brothers John Eggenberg, Tishmingo, Okla., and David Eggenberg III, Davis, Okla.; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Friends were received from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
The family suggests memorials to Leavenworth Guidance Center left in care of the funeral home. Condolences may be left online at beckerdyer.com.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station