President Jason Miles called the monthly meeting of the Reno Bobwhite 4-H Club to order at 7:35 p.m. Jan. 13.
Ryan Grammar led the Pledge of Allegiance, and Tyler Grammar led the 4-H pledge. Song leaders Tina Allen, Hannah Davidson, Bonnie Monahan, Abe Jacobs and Ben Jacobs led the group in singing "Cranky Poodle" then "Happy Birthday" to members with January birthdays. Roll call was answered by the number of times each member had fallen on the ice.
Secretary Max Packard read minutes from last month's meeting, which were approved, and letters and thank you notes the club had received for its collection/donation of foodstuff in December. Stephanie Reynolds gave the treasurer's report; Norman Schlight gave the reporter's report.
Donna Wiley introduced new members Tabitha Jacobs, and Jenny, Joey, Kannon, Tallon and Trevor Petrie. Kathy Monahan reminded everyone that choir meetings are 6:30 p.m. Thursdays. The club voted to donate $10 for County Club Days.
Tina Allen led the program with a reading of "Things You Don't Need To Know," and Kirsten Baggett gave a talk on "Drawing Proportions of Faces." Austin Wiley and Aaron McIntyre concluded the program with safety tips.
More like this story
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions
- Renovations at Kansas Aviation Museum nearly complete
- Kansas agency spokeswoman's Facebook posting draws criticism
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- ADA legislation improved life for those with physical challenges