Boosters continue band fund-raising
Lansing Band Boosters are hitting the fund-raising trail hard this month to raise money for the band's trip to Dallas in March.
Boosters will conduct a garage sale in the high school commons from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
Students and their families will set up tables full of unique garage-sale wares. All are encouraged to stop by and check it out. The band is also accepting donations for items to be sold. For more information, contact band sponsor Deb Steiner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the first year for the event.
Earlier this month, Boosters raised a little more than $200 from their annual spaghetti dinner fund-raiser Jan. 14, Treasurer Robin Mosley said. She added not all receipts have been received.
"It really hurt having it in the high school commons away from the basketball games," Mosley said. "It is $200 more than we had before, though."
More like this story
- Royals legend helps Gold Glove Week thrive
- Report: More Kansas children in poverty from 2008 to 2013
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby
- BLAS continues to add families to Christmas 'Adopt-A-Family' program
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County