Center to offer youth programs
Carnegie Arts Center in Leavenworth is offering a program designed to help young children develop social interaction while enjoying music.
Kindermusik activities are designed to enhance children's creativity, listening skills, self-esteem, hand-eye coordination, problem solving, vision and focus, language and literacy, emotional and social skills, and balance and coordination.
The center is offering three programs for different age groups beginning next week.
Kindermusik Village, for newborns to 18 months, will be from 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Tuesdays, Feb. 1-March 29.
Kindermusik Our Time; "Fiddle-Dee-Dee," for children 18 months to 3 years, will be from 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Tuesdays, Feb. 1-May 10.
Kindermusik Imagine That; "Cities! Busy Places!" for children ages 3 to 5, will be from 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Thursdays, Feb. 3-May 12.
For program costs or to enroll, contact Marti or Lisa at Carnegie Arts Center, 601 S. Fifth St. in Leavenworth, 651-0765.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney