Defendant in rape faces arraignment
The 25-year-old Kansas City, Kan., man accused of robbing a Lansing convenience store and raping a clerk there pleaded not guilty to the charges at his arraignment Friday in Leavenworth County District Court.
The incidents took place Dec. 21 at Wood Oil, 109 4-H Road.
The defendant is charged with aggravated robbery and rape.
A pretrial conference is set for 11 a.m. Feb. 4.
The Lansing Current generally does not report the names of suspects of sexual crimes until they are convicted.
More like this story
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books