Defendant in rape faces arraignment
The 25-year-old Kansas City, Kan., man accused of robbing a Lansing convenience store and raping a clerk there pleaded not guilty to the charges at his arraignment Friday in Leavenworth County District Court.
The incidents took place Dec. 21 at Wood Oil, 109 4-H Road.
The defendant is charged with aggravated robbery and rape.
A pretrial conference is set for 11 a.m. Feb. 4.
The Lansing Current generally does not report the names of suspects of sexual crimes until they are convicted.
More like this story
- Phippen named three-time All-American
- Mostly forgotten detective faced notorious criminals
- Garden City woman pleads not guilty in marijuana case
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life