Grants available to curb alcohol abuse
Programs aimed at curbing alcoholism and drug abuse can apply for grant funds available from a county agency.
Leavenworth County Drug and Alcohol Abuse Council is accepting applications for grants through Feb. 28.
The county awards grants from collections in its Alcoholic Liquor Fund. Eligibility is limited to programs whose principle purpose is alcoholism and drug abuse prevention and education, alcohol and drug detoxification, intervention in drug abuse or treatment of people who are alcoholics or drug abusers or in danger of becoming an alcohol or drug abuser.
The council will review applications at 5:30 p.m. March 14 in a meeting at the Women's Community Y, 520 S. Broadway in Leavenworth, and make its recommendations for funding to the Leavenworth County Commission for final approval.
More like this story
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court