Investigation leads to couple’s arrest
A Missouri couple was arrested Sunday after a report of criminal damage led to the discovery of more serious crimes.
The couple was apparently traveling in a rental car and stayed overnight at Econo Lodge, 504 N. Main St. Hotel personnel called Lansing Police on Sunday to report criminal damage to the couple's room and provided a description of the couple's car.
Police caught up with the car near the 200 block of Emile Street. When they arrived, the woman, a 41-year-old from Weston, Mo., was outside the car. She told police that her husband, 35, also of Weston, Mo., had swerved in an attempt to hit her.
Upon investigation, police discovered that the woman had been recently battered. The man was arrested on charges of aggravated assault, domestic battery and driving while suspended and was booked into Leavenworth County Jail. He also had an outstanding warrant issued for his arrest in Salt Lake City.
The woman was arrested for possession of crack cocaine and drug paraphernalia and was booked into Leavenworth County Jail. She also had an outstanding warrant for her arrest issued in Brown County.
More like this story
- International tragedy led to lasting local legacy for Boy Scouts
- Parent thanks USD 204 staff for education of her special-needs son
- Face to Face: USD 204 administrative assistant Stormi Vitt
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council