Sharpshooters advance in contest
The Saint Francis de Sales Catholic Church Knights of Columbus council's annual free-throw contest Sunday at Lansing Activity Center provided boys and girls ages 10-14 the opportunity to test their skill from the free-throw line.
Event organizer Bill Butler said 41 youths participated in the contest, and 10 advanced to the district competition.
"We didn't have anybody with a perfect score," Butler said, "but we had at least three that made 13 out of 15 free throws."
Age-group winners on the girls' side were Morgan Bromell, age 10, Kylie Filbert, 11, Alyssa Cole, 12, Keasla Hundley, 13, and Cassandra Murphy, 14.
Boys' winners were Clay Young, 10, Calvin Schneider, 11, Parker Gibson, 12, Richard O'Donnell, 13, and Derek Sellers, 14.
The winners will compete at the district competition at 1 p.m. Feb. 13 at Tonganoxie High School.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Thrills and chills: Organizers expecting bigger, busier Tiblow Days
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets