Reds bounced from Zone Tourney
Lawrence The Lansing Reds dropped an 8-0 decision to the Bishop Ward Cyclones on Tuesday in an elimination game at the American Legion Class A Zone Baseball Tournament at Free State High School.
The Reds (1-19) opened the day strong as starting pitcher Tyler McNeil held the Cyclones scoreless for the first two innings. McNeil also smacked a leadoff single for Lansing in the first inning. That was as good as things got for the Reds, however. They didn't have another hit the rest of the night, and an error in the third inning turned a 1-0 deficit to a 5-0 hole.
Chase Horseman threw three solid innings of relief, but the Reds never mounted a comeback at the plate.
The Reds next play at 6 p.m. Friday against the Leavenworth Blue Sox at Lansing High School.
For more on the Reds, pick up the July 14 edition of The Current or visit lansingcurrent.com.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs business owner Val Barth
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Organization Orientation: Basehor Historical Museum Society
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club
- Organization Orientation: Basehor-Linwood Assistance Services