The Kansas House and Senate have approved the Conference Committee Report on H Sub for SB 3, the Legislature's answer to a Supreme Court mandate to increase spending on public education in Kansas.
The plan, which adds another $148.4 million in state funding for Kansas public schools, won approval in the Senate, 26-11, and House, 75-48, on Wednesday, July 6.
The votes came on the 12th day of a special legislative session.
Here's how area lawmakers voted:
Yes: Rep. Marti Crow (D-Leavenworth), Rep. Candy Ruff (D-Leavenworth), Rep. Kenny Wilk (R-Lansing)
Yes: Sen. Mark Gilstrap (D-Kansas City, Kan.), Sen. Roger Pine (R-Law-rence)
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- Bobcats take down Wellington in state opener
- Verruckt is 'terrifying, but great,' says KCK mayor
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program