Music, art camp slated for youths
Children will be singing not in, but about, the rain next week at the Lansing PTA Music and Art Camp 2005.
The camp, for students who will be in first through fifth grades in the fall, will have a weather theme. Students will take music, art and instrument classes during the camp, which will culminate with a showcase of their new skills at a concert and art display.
The camp will be July 18-22 at Lansing Elementary School. There will be two sessions, one for first- and second-graders and another for third- through fifth-graders. First- and second-graders will attend from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., and third- through fifth-graders will go from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Registrations will be accepted on the first day of camp. Cost is $20 for Lansing students and $30 for non-Lansing students, which includes a T-shirt that campers will decorate during the week at wear and the closing concert.
The concert will be at 7 p.m. July 22 in the LES gym.
More like this story
- Junction City man gets life for operating cocaine ring
- ATV crash kills 9-year-old Kansas boy, injures 2 others
- Young Royals fan who fought cancer has died
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Donation account created for toddler injured in lawnmower accident