New Basehor developments earn approval from council members
Thursday night, the Basehor City Council agreed with previous decisions by the planning commission and approved the progress of several on-going developments.
Council members unanimously approved requests provided by developers of Metzger Meadows, a residential development, and Highpoint Downs, a residential and commercial development.
The planning commission gave the developments preliminary approval during its meeting June 15.
Metzger Meadows is a proposed 14-home development on 4.8 acres at 15749 Leavenworth Road.
City council members approved a rezoning request for the development, from suburban residential to single-family residential.
The council also approved a statement of action for the development, which essentially advises developers to comply with planning commission requests regarding storm water drainage, retention and run-off.
The city council members also approved rezoning requests from Highpoint Downs, an 80-acre development at the southwest corner of 155th Street and Donahoo Road.
Developers received approval for rezoning a 69.4-acre tract from rural to single-family residential and also changing a 10.6-acre tract from rural to general business district.
In other action, city council members:
- Approved a contract for auditing services.
- Scheduled a public hearing for the 2006 Basehor city budget. The hearing will take place Aug. 15 at Basehor City Hall.
- Approved 2006 membership in Leavenworth Area Development.
- Approved a resolution supporting a setback regulation on Kansas Highway 7.
- Approved installing an air-conditioning system at the Basehor Wastewater Treatment Facility.
- Approved hiring a seasonal labor employee for Basehor City Park.
- Approved the final plat for Hickory Valley, a single-family residential development.