Service note: Phillip R. Brown
Cadet Phillip R. Brown, son of Ralph and Debra Sorrell of Lansing, graduated May 28 from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y.
Brown, a 2000 graduate of Lansing High School, concentrated his studies in civil engineering. He was commissioned a second lieutenant, branched infantry, and will attend an officer course at Fort Benning, Ga. After his training, he will join an active Army unit.
More like this story
- Kansas House soundly rejects plan to avert steep budget cuts
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea
- Kansas House faces vote on raising taxes to balance budget