Convicted murderer gets life in prison
A Lansing man has received concurrent prison sentences, one for life and another for 155 months, in the 2004 kidnapping and drowning death of his estranged wife.
Gary Hicks, 37, had pleaded guilty in Leavenworth County District Court in May to aggravated kidnapping and first-degree murder. The body of Patricia Kruse was discovered April 21, 2004, in a pond west of Lansing, three days after she was last seen alive at her Olathe home.
The sentence was handed down Friday by Judge Frederick Stewart.
More like this story
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets