NFM to expand KCK warehouse
Business is good at Nebraska Furniture Mart in Kansas City, Kan. So good, in fact, that the retail juggernaut is preparing to expand its warehouse -- by more than doubling its original size.
Officials from Nebraska Furniture Mart, one of the retail lynch pins of the Village West entertainment and tourism district in western Wyandotte County, were scheduled to announce the expansion project Thursday morning.
The project entails adding more than 360,000 square feet to its existing warehouse, which encompasses approximately 262,000 square feet.
When completed, the store's warehouse will have 100 dock doors for inbound and outbound shipping. Construction is scheduled to begin next month and be completed fall 2006.
Company officials said the Kansas City, Kan., store has exceeded expectations since it was opened two years ago.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Kansas attorney general appoints new civil litigation chief
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Basehor-Linwood students cover state tourney run with help from community