Seven Lions tabbed All-KVL baseball and softball
Aus, Wagner nab first-team spots
Maggie Aus was one of three Lansing High softball players to earn All-Kaw Valley League honors this spring, and Chris Wagner was one of four Lions to be named all-conference in baseball.
Aus, a senior third-baseman, was Lansing's lone first-team selection after the Lions posted a 10-8 record this season and 4-3 mark in the league, good for fourth place. They fell one game shy of a repeat trip to the state tournament.
Senior pitcher Jessica Kane and junior catcher Nichole Twitchel were named to the All-KVL second team.
Wagner, a junior, was the Lions' lone first-team selection in baseball after they posted a 16-6 overall record and 5-3 mark in the league, good for fourth place. Wagner was selected for his play in the infield where he did stints at shortstop and third base. He also was the Lions' top pitcher.
Senior pitcher and third baseman Conn Blakley was recognized as a second-team infielder. Junior Cody Mohan was selected as a second-team pitcher. Senior Curtis Burgoon was tabbed as an honorable mention infielder for his work at first base.
For more on the Lions' All-KVL selections, pick up the June 9 edition of The Current.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle