Larry M. Walls
Services for Larry M. Walls, 69, Lansing, were Wednesday, June 1, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth. Burial with military honors will follow in Mount Muncie Cemetery.
Mr. Walls died Friday, May 27, 2005, at Dwight D. Eisenhower Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
He was born Feb. 14, 1936, in Bedford, Ind., the son of Ralph W. and Daisy M. Ramsey Walls.
Mr. Walls was retired from Leavenworth Water Department, where he worked for more than 23 years.
He previously had worked for the Oskaloosa Water Department and Bedford Water Department for 11 years.
He was an Army veteran and had served in the Korean War.
Mr. Walls was a member of Fraternal Order of Eagles, where he was a past president.
He married Mary "Mickey" A. Russell on Sept. 29, 1971, in Linton, Ind. She survives of the home.
Other survivors include a son, James E., Lansing; two daughters, Larryssa D. Turner and Linzi M. Walls, both of Lansing; a stepdaughter, Frances G. Cormican, Bedford; a brother, Gerald; seven grandchildren; and 10 stepgrandchildren.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, May 31, at the funeral chapel.
Memorials can be made to the family in care of the funeral home, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Farm-fresh flavor; Floyd’s ‘Dark Side’
- Leavenworth County offers training in identifying signs of child abuse
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Animal health effort in Kansas and Missouri notes 10 years
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station