School to undergo inspection
An engineer will inspect the east end of Lansing Intermediate School to determine if the structure is safe.
Lansing Schools Superintendent Randal Bagby said the state fire marshal had asked the district to get an engineer's opinion on the building. Dale Bohannon, director of building and grounds for the district, said a consultant from Walter P. Moore Engineers and Consultants in Kansas City, Mo., would provide a structural assessment of the building today, June 2.
Bagby said the district wanted to monitor how much the building was settling. However, he said he wasn't worried about what the engineer would find.
"I don't think it's unsafe, but it's best to know for sure," he said.
More like this story
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Kansas AG plans to appeal ruling blocking anti-abortion law
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites