Library ‘sizzling’ this summer
This summer, Lansing residents can trade the hot weather for a cool seat at Lansing Community Library's Sizzlin' Summer Program Series.
In June and July, the library will bring in several acts that complement the theme of the summer reading challenge, "Dragons, Dreams and Daring Deeds." All performances will be at 10 a.m. on Thursdays at Lansing Activity Center, 108 S. Second St..
Passes for entrance to all seven events will be sold at the library for $10 per person until June 16. Passes for individual events can be purchased at the door for $2 per person.
Events in the series are:
¢ "Looking for Wild Things" with Bongo Barry Bernstein, June 16
¢ A presentation on snakes and reptiles by the Topeka Zoo, June 23
¢ Yo-yo SpinMaster Brent Dellinger, June 30
¢ "George and the Dragon" presented by Parasol Puppets, July 7
¢ Renaissance Festival performers, July 14
¢ "Dragons and More Galore" with storyteller and puppeteer Priscilla Howe, July 21
¢ Juggler Brian Wendling, July 28
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets