John Robert Simanowitz
Leavenworth Services for John Robert Simanowitz, 56, Leavenworth, will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, June 9, at St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church, Lansing. Burial will be in Mt. Calvary Cemetery.
He died Sunday, June 5, 2005.
He was born Jan. 23, 1949, in Leavenworth, the son of Anton M. and Maxine H. (Martin) Simanowitz.
Mr. Simanowitz was a jet-engine mechanic for TWA and American Airlines for 36 years before he took early retirement to pursue his hobbies of woodworking and gardening.
He was a member of Knights of Columbus, where he was faithful navigator for the Fourth Degree council in Leavenworth and grand knight of the Lansing council. He was active in his church, singing in the choir and participating in social and fund-raising functions.
Survivors include his wife, Roberta, of the home; two sons, David Scott, Colorado Springs, Colo., and John Robert, St. Louis; five brothers, Mark, Tony, George Kane, Ronnie Kane and Steven; and two granddaughters.
Friends may call from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, June 8, at Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, Leavenworth, where a parish rosary will be recited at 7 p.m.
The family suggests memorials to Leavenworth Animal Welfare Society (LAWS), sent in care of the funeral home, 707 S. Sixth St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits