Storms blow through area
Two warnings failed to produce tornadoes Wednesday night, but Lansing continues under a severe thunderstorm watch until 4 a.m. Thursday, and the county continues under a flash flood watch until 6 a.m. Thursday.
The first tornado warning came about 5:35 p.m. Wednesday; the second a few hours later.
Storm sirens were heard in Lansing shortly after the first warning was issued.
The Leavenworth County emergency management office reported numerous roads around the county were closed due to water flowing across them. Even though the thunderstorms that produced heavy rainfall have moved out of the county, continued runoff from the rain will continue to cause water to flood roadways.
More like this story
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs pastor Cynthia Meyer
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Basehor fundraiser carries on tradition of support for Safe Harbor